This is our comprehensive guide to the best city pass options for Prague.
If you're planning a trip to this charming city and want to make the most of your time, a city pass that gives you access to the best attractions and activities while saving you time and money is a wise investment.
With so much to choose from, it can be difficult to decide which pass is right for you. That's why we've done the research and compiled all the information you need to make an informed decision. From the activities and attractions included to the prices and savings, you'll find out everything you need to know to choose the best city pass for your trip to Prague.
Let’s start with a handy comparison table!
Prague City Pass Options: A Comparison Table
To help you compare the different city pass options for Prague, we've created a comparison table showing the features and prices of each pass:
PRAGUE VISITOR PASS
A CATEGORY ATTRACTIONS
B CATEGORY ATTRACTIONS
48, 72 or 120 Hours
Sales Points / Online
Sales Points / Online
PRICE FOR ADULTS
From 75.00 €
From 54.00 €
Details of Prague City Pass Options
1. Prague Visitor Pass from €75
The Prague Visitor Pass is the official city card of the city of Prague. It is an all-inclusive sightseeing pass that offers two options to choose from: a physical card or an electronic version called the e-Pass, which can be conveniently stored on your smartphone.
The Prague Visitor Pass is available in three variations (48, 72 and 120 hours) and costs between €75 and €150 for adults.
What Does the Prague Visitor Pass Offer You?
- Free or discounted admission to over 60 top sights, museums, landmarks & experiences in Prague
- Free use of Public Transport (metro, tram, city buses, funicular and ferries) during its validity period
- Roundtrip airport transfer with airport express
- River boat cruise
- Guided tours
- Special discounts throughout the city
- Easy-to-use app with digital guide and important information and updates
- Get free admission to top attractions of Prague, incl. Prague Castle, Jewish Museum and several synagogues, Loreto, Kampa Museum, Petřín Tower, Powder Tower, Prague Zoo and the Old Town Hall
- Enjoy free and unlimited travel on public transportation network of Prague (excluding trains as well as suburban and commuter buses and trains outside of the city centre)
- Save up to 50% with discounts at attractions and experiences in Prague
- See Prague from a completely different angle with the included Vltava river cruise
- Take advantage of guided tours and choose between a Old Town and Jewish Quarter or a Mysterious Medieval Underground walking tour
- Enjoy a hassle-free arrival and departure with an included roundtrip airport journey
- Available in 3 validity options: 48, 72 or 120 consecutive hours
Where Can I Buy the Prague Visitor Pass?
The Prague Visitor Pass can be purchased at sales points in Prague, such as the airport and the Prague Tourist Information, or ordered online via this link:
2. Prague CoolPass from €54
Another excellent city pass worth considering when visiting the Czech capital is the Prague CoolPass. This multi-attraction visitor pass is the digital version of the "Prague Card" and offers free entry to 70+ must-see sights, as well as other perks.
The Prague CoolPass comes in 6 different durations (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 days) and is priced between €54 and €112 for adults.
What Does the Prague CoolPass Offer You?
- Free admission to more than 70 tourist attractions, museums, tours and activities
- Sightseeing bus tour with audio commentary in 26 languages
- A choice of free cruises along the Vltava river
- Attractive discounts & offers on tours in and outside of Prague, attractions, dining, concerts and shows, shopping and more
- Mobile app with up-to-date visitor information & useful tips
- Enjoy free entry to must-see sights, such as Prague Castle, Petřín Tower, Jewish Museum and several synagogues, Illusion Art Museum, National Museum, Vyšehrad and more
- Immerse yourself in the rich history of the city with engaging guided tours that reveal hidden gems and fascinating stories.
- Admire Prague from the land and sea, with included bus & river cruises
- Save up to 50% thanks to exclusive deals at 60+ partners
- Available in 6 validity options: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 consecutive days
Where Can I Buy the Prague CoolPass?
The Prague CoolPass can be bought as the physical Prague Card at various points of sale/collection in Prague or as a digital pass online via this link:
Conclusion: Which City Pass for Prague Is Best for You?
When choosing the best city pass for Prague, it obviously depends on your individual needs and preferences, your budget and the number of days you plan to spend in Prague. See here various criteria:
FAQ - City Pass for Prague
Yes, free admission to Prague Castle Circuit is included in both city passes, the Prague Visitor Pass and the Prague Cool Pass.
You can easily and securely buy your city pass for Prague using the links above. In addition, there are some outlets like the tourist office or the airport in Prague that offer some of these city passes.
Yes, the Prague Visitor Pass as well as the Prague CoolPass have discounted city pass options for students and children.
You can choose whether you want to buy your Prague Visitor Pass online and have a digital e-pass on your smartphone, or if you want to pick up a physical Prague Visitor Pass at a sales point. However, in both cases, you need to activate the city card before you can use it.
The same applies to the Prague CoolPass. You have the option of either downloading a digital version of the Prague CoolPass directly to your mobile device or picking up a physical Prague Card upon arrival.
No, buying a city pass on the spot in Prague is not cheaper. However, you can occasionally find discounted offers on the Internet.
Each attraction can be visited with only one, regardless of which Prague City Pass you have.
Now that you are armed with in-depth knowledge to make an informed decision, you can choose the best Prague city pass to match your needs.
For more information on planning your trip to Prague, be sure to check out our other useful articles on